Medical records are typically stored in Electronic Health Records, like MyChart. Organizations that use Epic MyChart can share electronic health records easily through a process called Care Everywhere. When you start with your new GHC-SCW insurance, our staff will pull in your outside records if we have access. If we don’t have access, follow the steps below to transfer your records.
Transfer From Another Organization to GHC-SCW
- Download the Authorization to Receive Medical Records from Another Facility Form. The form gives your last provider permission to release your medical records to GHC-SCW.
- Read the document and fill out the form fully. Check all the boxes for the information that you’d like to be released.
- Mail the completed form to your last health care facility. You can find the directions on where to send the form by contacting them.
- They will send the medical records directly to GHC-SCW.
Transfer Your GHC-SCW Medical Records to Another Organization
- Download the Authorization to Release Protected Health Information.
- Read the document and fill out the form fully.
- You can email, mail or fax your completed form to the GHC-SCW Health Information Management department.
- GHC-SCW will pass your request to CIOX Health, the company that helps us transfer records.
- You may have to pay CIOX Health a fee if you’re not transferring your medical records to another health care provider. You can learn more about that here.
- Your records will then be sent directly to the healthcare organization that you specified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Usually, it takes about a week from when the request was made. But it could take up to 30 days.
There isn’t a cost for patients requesting copies of their own medical record. You may have to pay CIOX Health a fee if you’re not transferring your medical records to another health care provider. You can learn more about that here.
Contact GHC-SCW Health Information Management
Contact us at (608) 441-3500, option 1
Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Contact CIOX Health
Contact us at (608) 441-3500, option 2
Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Contact Member Services
If you need help with any of the forms above, please contact Member Services and they will assist you.
Contact us at (608) 828-4853 or (800) 605-4327, and request Member Services.
Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
You can also email Member Services with questions.