Visit Our Award-Winning Eye Care Center
Our members have access to our award-winning GHC-SCW Eye Care Center. There, we can treat all kinds of eye conditions and have top-of-the-line eyewear, sunglasses and contact lenses.
The GHC-SCW Eye Care Center has board-certified optometrists who are the “primary care providers” for your eyes. They provide eye exams, check and change your prescription and diagnose, test and treat all types of eye conditions. At our Eye Care Center, you might also meet with a certified optometric technicians to help you pick out the right eyewear.
Scheduling Your Eye Exam
Make an appointment through GHCMyChart℠ or by calling (608) 257-7328.
GHC-SCW optometrist schedules are open six months in advance, so schedule early to get the time that works best for your schedule.
GHC-SCW Eye Care Center
Hatchery Hill Clinic
3051 Cahill Main
Fitchburg, WI 53711
Member-Owner Rewards: Eye Care Discounts
Our expert staff at the award-winning GHC-SCW Eye Care Center take the time to help you and your family select the perfect frames and lenses to fit any lifestyle and budget.
Member-owners get a discount of 20% on retail eye care products such as frames, non-prescription sunglasses, reading glasses, solutions and drops.
Member-owners also receive 10% off a 12-month supply of contacts.
The GHC-SCW Eye Care Center is now offering optomap® ultra widefield retinal imaging. Retinal health is vital to one’s eyesight and is responsible for passing visual images to the brain. It’s fast, safe, painless and captures high-resolution, detailed pictures of your retina. If you are interested in trying optomap®, please ask your eye technician at your next appointment.
Eye Care Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any of the following symptoms, make an appointment to get it checked out!
- Stinging, burning or itching
- Unusual discharge from eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Blurred vision that does not resolve
- Sensitivity to light
Please bring your current glasses, contacts and prescriptions to your exam. If you’d like your current contacts checked, please wear them for at least two hours before your appointment.
Most complete eye exams take at least an hour. During the appointment, your optometrist will thoroughly check your vision and your eyes. They might run tests with special equipment. You will probably have your eyes dilated during the exam. Feel free to ask questions throughout the appointment.
In addition to our own clinic, GHC-SCW members can use Isthmus Eye Care for their eye care, depending on their plan.
- All urgent eye issues must be seen by the GHC-SCW Eye Care team for any member whose primary care provider works at GHC-SCW clinics, UW Health clinics, Wingra and Access Community Health Centers clinics and networks. Please contact the GHC-SCW Eye Care team at (608) 257-7328.
- All routine eye exams, including annual diabetic retinal eye exams can be scheduled with GHC-SCW Eye Care Center or Isthmus Eye Care.
Reach out directly to Isthmus Eye Care to schedule an appointment.
Isthmus Eye Care Locations
Middleton: 7601 University Ave #102, Middleton, WI | Phone: (608) 831-3366
Madison East: 6012 Gemini Dr., Madison, WI | Phone: (608) 249-5548
Downtown Madison: 425 W. Washington Ave. #100, Madison | Phone: (608) 256-4750
We recommend that you purchase both their lenses and eyeglass frames from the same clinic because of how the eyewear is constructed at the lab. GHC-SCW and Isthmus Eye Care are separate organizations and cannot combine orders.
For GHC-SCW BadgerCare members and any GHC-SCW member with EHB benefits, frames and lenses must continue to be purchased from the GHC-SCW Eye Care Center.
Our other in-network eye clinic, Isthmus Eye Care, is an approved vendor only for the routine complete eye exam, not the frames and lenses.
Our expert staff will help you pick the perfect pair of glasses. We have a wide range to fit any lifestyle and budget. We also have competitive pricing on brands like Kate Spade, Marchon, Flexon, Prodesign, Kliik, Fysh, Ray Ban and Nike.
Once you’ve chosen your glasses, our eye care professionals will measure and craft your lenses so you have the perfect fit.
Get your glasses from the GHC-SCW Eye Care Center and you also get:
- Free lifetime adjustments.
- A warranty on your glasses.
- Discounts through our Member-Owner Rewards.
GHC-SCW will help you get fitted and order your contacts. There are a few options you can choose from:
- Single use/one-day lenses
- Disposable/reusable lenses, worn for several weeks and then thrown away
- Hard/gas permeable lenses, typically replaced every year
If you’re new to contacts, watch the video below to learn more about putting them in and removing them.
Ordering Your Contacts
You have two options for contacts:
- You can buy contacts from GHC-SCW for a competitive price with free shipping. Call (608) 257-7328 to buy for the first time or go on GHCMyChartSM to order replacements.
- You can also go to this storefront and find your prescribed contact lenses. Look at the name of your contact lens box and select the same brand. Select how many boxes you’d like to purchase, enter your information and check out.
Our Eye Care Center offers designer sunglasses with specialized tints, lenses and frames. You can also find sports and safety glasses like swimming goggles and rec specs.