Your Health Care. Your Health Plan. Better Together.
When your health care and your health plan work together, the result is the high-quality care and member-centered service you expect from Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin.
We’re a not-for-profit, member-owned health plan providing health care to
83,000 members in south central Wisconsin.
More than 47 years ago, we pioneered a shift in the Dane County health landscape as the area’s first HMO. We began out of the idea that there was a better way to provide health care. Community members envisioned an organization that brought health insurance and health care together. Today, that simple idea has grown into a nationally-recognized leader in health care.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Our Mission speaks to who we are and why we exist.
Mission: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision represents who we aspire to be.
Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
Our Values are a set of beliefs that we hold dear.
They help us identify priorities for the Cooperative and act as a guide for how we conduct our business.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Our Belief statements ground us in our health equity work.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. We are a quality-driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
- We believe healthcare is a human right. | As a GHC-SCW member, you have rights and they matter to us. You have a right to an environment that preserves positive self-image, autonomy, civil rights and involvement in your own care.
- We believe in treating all people with dignity and respect. | We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- We believe there is strength in diversity. | We strive to create and maintain a setting where we celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of our organization.
- We believe equity celebrates our humanity. | When we say equity, we are talking about conditions where all people have a just and fair shot in life despite historic patterns of racial and economic exclusion. Health equity is our priority at GHC-SCW.
Our Strategic Pillars
We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim, and we strive to be the best in all that we do.
We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.