Our Cooperative was founded on the revolutionary idea that patients should be in the driver’s seat of their healthcare system.
They organized our Cooperative so that the member would be at the top of the leadership chart. This gives them a voice in their health care.
How can members have a say in their Cooperative?
Each year, your Cooperative holds an Annual Membership Meeting so your voice can be heard. We’ve hosted this meeting virtually the past several years. Every GHC-SCW member is invited to join leaders in the organization as they give updates about the past year.
If you have questions about the annual meeting, please email email@example.com or call (608) 662-4183.
Our members vote for the people who oversee the organization. GHC-SCW Board members must be GHC-SCW members.
Members who want to serve on the Board of Directors must submit an application to the GHC-SCW Nominations Committee. The committee reviews these applications and recommends qualified candidates to the general membership. All eligible GHC-SCW voting members can vote online or by mail-in paper.
Another way all members can use their voice is giving us feedback through the GHC Experience GuaranteeSM online form. If you had an excellent experience at a GHC-SCW clinic, let us know! We’ll pass on your kind words to the staff members that helped you. If your experience didn’t meet your expectations, you can let us know as well and at your request we can refund your out-of-pocket costs. This feedback loop is an important way you can help us constantly improve.
The Member Advisory Council creates positive change and brings the voices of our members directly to our leadership team. Council members help us improve communication between decision makers and members by evaluating policies, programs and practices.
- You must pass a background check.
- You cannot be a GHC-SCW employee.
- You must be age 18 or older.
- You must be a current GHC-SCW member.
- You must have received care or interacted with a GHC-SCW clinic or staff person within the last year.
- You must have no past or present legal action against GHC-SCW.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Commit to improving care for everyone.
- Respect the council as safe space to work together on issues.
- Be willing to listen to other’s views and share your own.
- Encourage other council members to share ideas.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality.
Council members serve a two-year term. The Council meets every other month (six times per year). The meetings are on the second Monday of the month from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and are conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams.
If you have questions on how to join The Member Advisory Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.