State-of-the-Art GHC-SCW Labs
GHC-SCW labs use state-of-the-art technology to bring you accurate and timely diagnostic services. We are proud to be certified by the CMS CLIA Certification of Compliance.
What to Expect When You Need Tests
- Your primary care provider or specialist will tell you that you need tests done in the lab.
- For some tests, you might not be able to eat or drink anything except water for 12 hours. Those tests are usually done right away in the morning.
- You don’t need an appointment, except for some tests at Madison College Community Clinic.
- You’ll come to the lab, sign in and you’ll be called back when it’s your turn.
- You’ll be served on a first come, first served basis. The typical wait time is around 15 minutes.
GHC-SCW Lab Locations and Hours
Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sat. – Sun. 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.*
*Weekends are usually for urgent care needs. If you walk in for a routine test, you might wait a long time. There’s also a limit to the tests we can perform for walk-ins on weekends. For example, there are no timed tests, no post-vasectomy screenings and no one-hour glucose tolerance testing.
Lab Frequently Asked Questions
- Lipid Panel, Fasting: Minimum 9 hour fast required.
- Glucose, Fasting: Minimum 8 hour fast required.
- Insulin, Fasting: Minimum 8 hour fast required.
- C Peptide: Minimum 12 hour fast required.
- Vitamin E: Overnight fast required.
- Vitamin A: Overnight fast required.
When fasting, do not eat or drink anything except water.
Many common laboratory tests performed at a GHC-SCW Laboratory will be completed within one to three days.
Testing sent to an approved reference laboratory may take one to seven working days depending on in the test ordered.
More specialized testing, including genetic tests, may take longer.
Many common laboratory tests are performed at a GHC-SCW Laboratory.
A lot of routine tests are transported to the main Sauk Trails Clinic laboratory for testing.
If we can’t perform the test at a GHC-SCW laboratory, it will be sent to an approved laboratory partner.