Virtual Urgent Care Visits powered by KeyCare
Access on-demand, high-quality and affordable care with virtual visits
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) is excited to announce that we’ve partnered with KeyCare to provide virtual visits to our members for urgent medical conditions.
Receive 24/7, 365 non-emergency medical care from licensed providers without an in-person office visit. You can be at home, the office or anywhere else and receive virtual care using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
KeyCare is a way to receive 24/7, 365 urgent but non-emergency medical care without an in-person office visit. Members can be at home, in the office or anywhere else via the internet using their computer, tablet or smartphone.
KeyCare is a great option to treat a wide range of minor, routine medical issues, including: allergies, back pain, bites or stings, coughs, colds, fevers, flus, burns (minor), headaches, constipation, nausea, vomiting, pink eye, sinus problems, sore throats, sprains and strains, urinary tract infections, and tooth pain.
No. You will be seen by a board-certified provider contracted through KeyCare.
KeyCare visits are appropriate for any member who needs on-demand access to high-quality, care for urgent health issues. However, KeyCare is not available to Medicare Select, BadgerCare Plus or MMSD-Quartz patients.
KeyCare visits are free for most members. Members with a high-deductible plan will pay a co-pay for KeyCare visits until their deductible is met.
- One of the top benefits of KeyCare is that it provides quick access to high-quality, on-demand care, 24/7 across all 50 states, whether you are at home or traveling.
- You save time because there is no need to travel to your doctor’s office for an in-person visit.
- And, because KeyCare’s providers and care teams have access to your health information, you can be assured that you’ll receive high-quality care, without having to re-enter your medical history.
- Log into your GHCMyChartSM Account.
- From the Menu select “GHC Care OnDemand.”
- Select which type of visit you would like to start:
- If the visit is for yourself, select “Get started with a licensed provider (For Yourself).”
- If the visit is for someone else, select “Get started with a licensed provider (Proxy – for a child or someone else).”
KeyCare’s providers will have access to your medical history, so you will only need to describe your current issues and confirm allergies.
If you have a GHC-SCW PCP, it will show up on your GHCMyChart. If you have a non-GHC-SCW PCP, you will need to make sure you are sharing your GHCMyChart for it to show up.
Yes, you can use KeyCare when located in any of the 50 states, 24/7/365.
Based on average wait time, your wait should be less than 30 minutes.
No, there is not a phone app for KeyCare. To access KeyCare, you just need access to GHCMyChartSM whether that be via the GHCMyChartSM app or the web browser on your smart device or computer.
You can access KeyCare through your GHCMyChartSM account on your computer, tablet or smartphone. All you need is a computer, tablet or smartphone to initiate the visit. You won’t have to create any new sign-ons or download additional apps. You can use the GHCMyChartSM App but it is not necessary.
What can be treated by virtual urgent care?
KeyCare is a great option to treat a wide range of minor, routine medical issues, including:
- Back Pain
- Bites or Stings
- Colds and Sinus Problems
- Coughs and Sore Throats
- Minor Burns
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Pink Eye
- Sprains and Strains
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Tooth Pain
- … and more!