GHC-SCW is proud to introduce our focused Autism Spectrum Treatment Program!
The Autism Spectrum Treatment Program helps school age children who have trouble making and keeping friends, or who experience difficulty managing their emotions.
- Designed to support individuals on the Autism Spectrum and their caregivers in the comfort of their own homes.
- Tailored to support individuals using evidence-based techniques
Who: Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ages 6 to 16 and their parents/caregivers
Duration: Weekly appointments for up to a few months
Where: In your home
During each session:
- Children learn a new skill and practice with a trained professional.
- Parents learn how to support their children’s social or emotional development, coaching them as they practice and generalize their skills.
To Get Started
To join the Autism Spectrum Treatment Program, the following is required:
- The child must have a medical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The child must be able to speak and respond in full sentences.
- The home where appointments take place must be in Dane County.
- The family must have an active GHC-SCW HMO insurance plan (at this time, we are not able to accept other insurance plans for this program). If you have questions about coverage, please contact our Member Services team at (608) 828-4853 or toll-free at (800) 605-4327 and request Member Services.
If the child has all the listed items, you can start the process of joining the program by speaking with their Primary Care Provider. All Autism Spectrum related services require a referral from a Primary Care Provider and insurance prior authorization. If you are a non-GHC-SCW in-network provider, please use the online forms below: