When your health care and your health plan work together, the result is the superb care and impeccable service you've come to expect from Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW).
Your health care. Your health plan. Better Together.
We’re a non-profit, member-owned health plan providing high-quality health care and health insurance services to over 80,000 members living in South Central Wisconsin.
More than 46 years ago, we pioneered a movement in Dane County as the area’s first HMO. It began with people from our own community who knew there was a better way to provide health care – a non-profit, member-owned cooperative that could bring health insurance and health care together for the benefit of members. Today, that simple idea has grown into a nationally recognized leader in health care. Throughout that time, we have stayed true to a cooperative spirit that believes the health of many makes us all better. Better Together.
Our Mission speaks to who we are and why we exist.
Mission: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision represents who we aspire to be.
Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
Our Values are a set of beliefs that we hold dear that help us identify priorities for the Cooperative as well as a guide for how we conduct our business.
We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
We are member-centered
We are equitable and inclusive
We are quality-driven
We are innovative
We are community involved
Our five strategic pillars are essential areas of focus, investment and effort that help us advance toward
achieving our Vision and fulfilling our Mission:
- Exceptional Quality and Service - We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim, and we strive to be the best in all that we do.
- Meaningful Employee Engagement - We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- Continuous Improvement - We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. We are a quality-driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.