Behavioral health services that do not require a prior authorization or approval
With GHC-SCW, you have access to several behavioral health services that do not require a prior authorization or approval.
These services include:
- Individual Therapy (All Ages)
- Psychiatry (All Ages)
- Group Psychoherapy
- Couples/Family Therapy
- Behavioral Health within a member's primary care clinic.
- GHC-SCW Primary Care Clinics: "Primary Care Behavioral Health"
- UW-Madison Primary Care Clinics contracted with GHC-SCW "Collaborative Care"
- Access Community Health Centers "Behavioral Health"
GHC-SCW Staff Providers
GHC-SCW behavioral health providers are available within each of our primary GHC-SCW clinics: Sauk Trails, Hatchery Hill, East Clinic, Capitol/Regent Clinic (located across from Capitol Clinic with an entrance on Regent Street) and virtually through video visits.
You can use our behavioral health search function here to learn more about these providers.
You can also follow this link to read the bios of our GHC-SCW BH providers.
To schedule an appointment with a GHC BH provider, please call the BH Call Center at 608-441-3290. The BH Call Center will connect you with BH Triage, as needed.
GHC-SCW Network Providers
You can search for a provider in our behavioral health network using this link.
These providers are located outside of our GHC-SCW clinics, in the community, and have contracts with GHC-SCW to treat our members. Review the list and take the following steps:
- Use the search function to find providers.
- Contact the practice/provider to determine availability.
- Confirm with the provider that they are credentialed with your insurance plan (GHC HMO, PPO, POS, Badgercare Plus, Medicare, etc.).
Please note that nationally there is a higher demand for behavioral health services than there are providers. It may take several contacts to find a provider with availability and there may be some delay in scheduling the first appointment.
We recommend you ask to be added to the provider’s wait list if your first appointment cannot occur as soon as you prefer.
You can also view a list of contracted providers here.
GHC-SCW Care OnDemand (Video Visit Providers)
Follow this link to learn about this virtual care provider that contracts with GHC-SCW to provide behavioral health care to our membership. Individual therapy and psychiatry are available through GHC-SCW Care on Demand without prior authorization.