applications for ghc-scw board of director nominees are now Closed
Please check back next year for our 2021 application.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
To be eligible to become and remain a Director, a person must meet the following qualifications:
1. The person must be a member of the Cooperative and be at least 18 years of age. All Individual Class Directors shall be members of the Cooperative.
2. Except for the Practitioner Employee Class Directors, no employee of GHC may serve on the Board of Directors.
3. Individual Class Directors may not have employment or financial interests which conflict with or are adverse to the mission, objectives or goals of this Cooperative. If there is a question as to whether a person fulfills such qualification, a majority vote of the Directors then in office shall determine whether the person fulfills the qualification or not.
Individual Class Directors absent from three consecutive board meetings or four meetings in a year are removed from the Board.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- To be able to read and understand financial statements
- To understand the concept and operation of a staff model health maintenance organization.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
- Board Experience
- Cooperative Experience
- Insurance Industry Knowledge
- Government/Regulatory/Legislation Knowledge
- Sales/Marketing Experience
- Customer Experience
- Strategy/Innovation/Entrepreneurship Experience
- To have belief in and be able to promote GHC's mission and values to the community.